The key to making money from your investments is to find the finest stock broker for your needs. While there are a variety of stock trading applications to choose from, picking the wrong one can quickly transform your online investing trip from exciting to frustrating.
If you locate an appropriate online trading platform, investing in the UK is not difficult. But, with many online trading platforms to select from, how can you locate the finest trading app that fulfils your every need?
We’ve compiled a selection of the finest stock trading apps for UK citizens in this guide. Furthermore, you will be given a summary of what to look for in stock purchasing applications as well as how to utilise them.
Let’s find out what these stock trading applications are without wasting any time.
What are stock trading apps and how do you use them?
In recent years, our mobile devices have played a significant role in the majority of our everyday activities. As a result, most stockbrokers have joined the trend and produced stock trading applications to ensure that you stay in the game and keep track of your finances.
With stock trading apps on your phone or tablet, you can take charge of your finances and track the performance of your investments.
You may use stock trading applications to manage your accounts, make basic and complicated transactions, and stay up to date on market moves.
These trading applications, similar to crypto exchanges for cryptocurrencies, make the stock market accessible to beginners in the business by providing user-friendly interfaces that allow both newbies and seasoned traders to get started trading right away.
Although some crypto exchanges, such as Binance, have begun to feature tokens connected to stocks, their offering pales in comparison to that of traditional stock trading platforms.
In the United Kingdom, the best stock trading apps and platforms
eToro – Best stock trading app in the UK with no fees.
eToro is without a doubt one of the top stock trading apps available in the United Kingdom. It is a beginner-friendly multi-asset interactive broker that allows users to trade a variety of assets like stocks, FX, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and more.
For newbies, it is the greatest trading platform. You can’t go wrong with eToro because it has a well-designed user interface, quick trade execution, and a variety of trading tools.
- Cryptocurrency investing is simple to do.
- Trading situations on a graph
- Free trading tactics training is quite beneficial.
- Open trading notifications in social news streams
- Demo accounts are available.
- Investing in cryptocurrencies is simple.
- A custom news feed tailored to your trade requirements
- Imitate-trading allows you to follow and copy the trades and portfolios of professionals.
- Interface that is intuitive and simple to utilise
- Boards of discussion
- A cutting-edge proprietary trading platform.
- Several leading financial watchdogs regulate it, including the FCA, CySEC, and ASIC.
- Access to the most valuable cryptocurrencies in terms of market capitalization.
- Technical signs are hard to come by.
- Biometric login isn’t available.
- Analyst reports are not accessible.
Both Android and iOS devices can use the eToro trading app. The web version of the trading platform is likewise fully functional.
IG is the world’s oldest and most trusted CFD trading app.
IG is a well-known and dependable stockbroker that was founded in 1974. The best part is that IF has evolved with the times and now offers a user-friendly app with a plethora of useful functions.
Thousands of financial instruments are available on the site, including CFDs, options, spread betting, cryptocurrency, stock trading, and more.
It offers a simple app design that allows you to complete tasks as quickly and efficiently as possible without breaking a sweat.
IG lets you manage a diversified investing portfolio with seven different order types and alerts to help you stay on top of market moves.
- Set up a fully functional and informative demo account.
- Options for trading accounts are many.
- Alerts and watchlists for traders
- Short-selling on Instagram
- Over 17,000 listed markets are available to you.
- Access to international markets such as the United States, South Africa, France, and others.
- There are many different types of orders and alerts.
- Very logical
- Short-selling and leverage
- Excellent tools for research and analysis
- Customer service that is second to none
- Several prominent financial watchdogs have completely regulated this trading app.
- Two-factor authentication isn’t used to protect user accounts.
A £250 deposit is required.
The range of trading assets, markets, and instruments can be daunting for inexperienced users, thus it’s not recommended for beginners.
Both Android and iOS devices can be used to download the trading app. However, because the iOS version does not offer deposits/withdrawals or real-time price notifications, it is best suited for Android users. The web version is completely functional as well.
Award-Winning Trading App from Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers (IBKR) is a stock trading programme that allows you to trade US financial assets without needing to find an overseas broker while in the UK.
With its fully equipped user interface, this trading programme gives you access to various worldwide markets, including the US stock market, at the best possible pricing.
Charting tools, trading alerts, and order types abound on IBKR. It offers a robust security mechanism that outperforms those seen in other stock trading apps.
Its research materials are equally impressive, providing all of the necessary background information, analyst reports, and price history for any assets you desire to trade on the site.
- Low trading commissions
- Excellent research resources
- Account-based currencies come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Thousands of financial products are available, including cryptocurrency, equities, and bonds.
- System of two-factor authentication
- One of the best educational and research tools is available to you.
- Access to the stock market in the United States at a cheap cost
- Trading commissions are low.
- Trade reports that are both clear and free
- It is not suitable for beginners.
- Inactivity costs are very high.
Plus500 – The Best CFD Trading App in the World
Plus500 is one of the most popular stock trading apps, particularly when it comes to trading CFDs (CFDs). It allows you to participate actively in the global economy. CFDs allow traders to profit on price predictions of underlying assets, whether the prices will rise or fall.
Plus500 is the greatest app for trading CFDs since it offers a user-friendly layout and a long number of features that will meet all of your trading requirements.
With the app’s search feature, you can locate what you’re looking for, and then customise your trading experience with the many accessible markets, limit, stop, and trailing stop orders.
You may use this software to automate your trading and stay on top of market changes by setting up email, SMS, and notification alerts that appear on your phone screen.
- Over 24 different stock exchanges throughout the world are available to you.
- Access to a wide range of investment assets, including cryptocurrency, stocks, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), indexes, and more.
- There are no commission costs.
- Trader Sentiment is a function that lets you see what assets other traders are trading and contemplating.
- App UI is simple to use.
- On forex trading positions, there is no commission charged.
- There are no transaction costs.
- There are a lot of trading alerts.
- Trader Sentiment is a feature that allows you to see how traders are feeling.
- Intensively regulated
- Leverage facilities are available.
- Plus500 is a highly secure trading programme that requires two-step verification and biometric identification.
- Advanced graphing and analysis tools are lacking.
- Traditional investing assets are unavailable.
- Stocks can only be traded using CFDs, therefore there is no direct ownership.
- On both Android and iOS smartphones, the Plus500 stock trading app is currently available for download. The web version is completely functional as well.
City Index – trade stocks in a fully regulated environment.
The FCA has registered and regulated City Index, making it one of the most respectable stock trading apps accessible in the UK. Spread betting, CFDs, and stock trading are the main features of the trading software.
- Platform for trading that can be customised
- Various research instruments
- Demo account with full functionality
- Trading bots with artificial intelligence.
- Excellent teaching aids
- Intensively regulated
- Excellent customer service system
- There is no minimum deposit.
- Various research instruments
- Non-trading costs are extremely high.
- Assets to invest are limited.
- Advanced trading, research, and charting capabilities are not available.
Capital.com – online trading platform that gives you access to all markets.
Capital.com is a user-friendly trading platform that is suitable for both novice and expert investors. It includes a straightforward and easy-to-use interface that allows you to quickly choose whatever stocks you want to trade.
You may completely benefit from the quickly changing market movements by using real-time data and high execution speeds supplied by the trading app.
Capital.com is also one of the best online trading platforms for trading CFDs securely and without suffering many losses, since it offers a variety of tools to help you along your investment path.
Because it makes money from buy/sell spreads, this trading software has no trading, deposit, or withdrawal commissions.
You may be confident that you are making sound trading selections while using this programme because it includes a user-friendly design with a variety of technical indicators and notifications.
- Trading on a highly intuitive user interface with access to over 3,000 markets and a diverse range of financial instruments.
- A trial account is available.
- Materials for CFD trading that are extremely effective
- The trading app has a low minimum deposit of £20.
- Top financial authorities such as the FCA, CySEC, and the National Bank of Belarus keep a close eye on the market.
- There are more than 3,000 investment assets to pick from.
- App has a nice look.
- Videos that are really educative
- Price warning systems, stop loss or limit orders, and negative balance protection are just a few of the sophisticated risk management instruments available.
- Retail traders have access to a maximum leverage of 1:30.
- Trading platforms MT4 and MT5 are not compatible.
IronFX is a high-leverage online trading app for traders.
IronFX is a popular stock trading app that is well-known both in and outside of the United Kingdom. The company is based in Cyprus, and its product offerings have been meticulously tailored to meet the demands of both retail and institutional clients.
Over 300 trading assets, including FX, commodities, equities, cryptocurrencies, and more, are available to users.
- An auto-trade function on the platform that allows you to imitate skilled traders’ transactions.
- Partnership opportunities for interested affiliates with a fully paid demo account to assist newcomers.
- The FCA, ASIC, CYSEC, and FSCA are all heavily regulating the industry. Multilingual customer service is also available.
- There are over 300 assets that can be traded.
- High leverages of up to 1:1000 are available.
- Tools for schooling that are completely free
- In comparison to other trading apps, there are very few traded assets.
- On weekends, customer service is unavailable.
FXCM – A Zero-Commission Forex Trading App in the European Union
Forex Capital Markets (FXCM) is a fantastic trading programme that allows you to participate in spread betting as well as trade CFDs for a variety of tradable assets. FXCM’s app allows you to spread bets without any capital gains or stamp duty thanks to its user-friendly layout. It simplifies spread betting and CFD trading.
- News and educational resources in real time
- Access to a wide range of assets, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and commodities.
- A fully functional demonstration account
- Tools for market research and trading
- Designing a user-friendly interface
- There are no trade commissions.
- Excellent customer service system
- Excellent teaching aids
- Bank withdrawal costs are extremely high.
- Fees for inactivity might be as high as £50 per month.
- For beginners, this is not the best option.
- FXCM is a free app that can be downloaded on both Android and iOS devices.
Fineco Bank is a premium stock trading app for experienced traders.
Its name suggests that it is a traditional bank, yet it is not. Fineco is another prominent stock trading app in Europe, with over one million users. The platform gives you access to a dizzying choice of tradable assets, which you may buy outright or trade as CFDs.
Fineco offers clients a zero percent commission for trading stock CFDs on over 10,000 shares from various stock marketplaces in the United States and the United Kingdom. Fineco Bank provides a minimal cost structure and no minimum deposit requirement for CFD or stock trading.
- a track record of success
- Demo account with all features enabled
- Stocks, cryptocurrency, ETFs, and other tradable assets are among the options.
- There is no minimum deposit.
- Individual savings account with investments that are tax-free.
- There are almost 10,000 assets available to trade.
- For CFD trading on stocks, there is no commission.
- The user interface is quite simple to use.
- A personalised news feed and a variety of research tools
- Customer service is outstanding.
- Intensively regulated
- There are a few technical analysis tools available.
- There is no support for cryptocurrency trading.
- Advanced traders should avoid it.
- On both Android and iOS smartphones, the Fineco Bank stock trading app can be downloaded. However, this trading app’s advanced capabilities are only available on the web version.
Libertex is a stock and cryptocurrency trading app with no spreads.
Libertex is a zero-spread stock trading app that is regarded as one of the best in the United Kingdom. Libertex allows you access to a variety of financial products, such as indices, stocks, and commodities, among others.
Retail traders can use leverage of up to 1:30 on Libertex, while professional investors can use leverage of up to 1:600.
Stocks, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, and other assets can all be traded as CFDs.
To practise trading, a fully functional demo account with a balance of £50,000 is available.
Several international stocks are available to you.
Credit and debit cards can be used to make deposits.
The minimum deposit is only £8, and there are a plethora of technical indicators.
All asset classes have zero spreads.
The most diverse payment options
Commissions are rather low.
There are only a few hundred marketable assets.
There are few teaching materials available.
The Libertex stock trading app is available for download on both Android and iOS devices and is fully functioning.
Investors – The Best Stock Investing App for Beginners.
For UK consumers, Investous is one of the best commission-free stock trading applications accessible. It offers over 270 trading instruments and up to 1:30 leverage to retail traders. You may customise your trading screen with Investous and use the many technical indicators available.
- CFDs give you access to equities, cryptocurrencies, currency, and commodities, all of which may be traded.
- Demo account with all features enabled
- MT4 provides a plethora of research tools.
- Ideal for first-time investors
- There are no trading commissions.
- On the mobile apps, MT4 is fully supported.
- Spreads are small.
- Multiple technical indicators and advanced charts are available.
- There are very few trade assets.
- Minimum deposit is around £200, which is quite hefty.
- Investous is available for Android, iOS, and even Windows phones to download.
AvaTrade – best stock trading app with a money back guarantee.
This is a multi-functional trading app that is well-liked for its variety. AvaTrade GO, AvaTrade Options, and AvaTrade Social are three independent mobile trading apps.
The main mobile app is AvaTrade GO, which includes the AvaProtect feature, which ensures that you get money back on any trades you lose.
AvaTrade Options is designed for traders who simply want to trade options. Advanced technical indicators and charting tools are available. You can trade options for more than 40 currency pairs with this programme.
AvaTrade Social is a social trading platform that lets you interact with other traders and even mimic their trading strategies.
Forex trading indications from an autochartist
Demo accounts are available through AvaPtotect.
Cryptocurrencies, FX options, equities, and commodities are among the assets available.
The user interface is quite simple to use.
Options trading and advanced research and trading tools, including MT4 access
Leverage is high.
Stocks cannot be purchased directly; they can only be traded using CFDs.
Spreads that are unusually wide
Both Android and iOS devices can use the AvaTrade app.
Forex.com – The Most Popular Forex Trading App.
With a number of handy features, this is one of the largest and most popular stock trading programmes. Forex.com is a popular choice among currency and stock traders because of its customisable user interface designs.
Forex.com is one of the world’s largest MT4 brokers, with the lowest trading commissions. Active traders can get up to 1:200 leverage and do not have to pay trade commissions.
- ETFs, commodities, cryptocurrencies, stocks, and many other financial vehicles are available.
- A wide range of research tools and trade indicators are available.
- Access to a number of international stock exchanges
- Dashboards that may be customised, intuitive trade tickets, and watch lists are all available.
- You’ll have access to Reuters news, which will keep you up to date on market developments.
- Access to one of the most diverse portfolios of tradable assets
- The interface is really user-friendly.
- Leverage rates are high.
- Over 65 indicators and 14 trade charts are available.
- Fees for deposits and withdrawals are nothing.
- Intensively regulated
- Inactivity costs are very high.
- On both Android and iOS smartphones, the Forex.com app can be downloaded.
How to Select the Most Appropriate Stock Trading Platform
Choosing the best stock broker in the UK can be a difficult undertaking, especially given the number of stock trading apps accessible.
However, we have described some of the most crucial criteria to consider in a stock trading app to guarantee that you end up utilising just the best trading app.
This is the most critical feature of any online trading platform. Even if the trading software has exceptionally low fees and hundreds of thousands of tradable stocks, it is not the greatest option if it is not authorised by the appropriate authorities.
As a result, before opening a brokerage account in the UK, it’s a good idea to check if the stock app has been approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
To add to your safety, make sure the trading app is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), which offers a robust insurance policy for your trading funds.
Stocks that can be traded
The amount of tradable stocks and markets you can access are determined by the stock trading programme you use.
The majority of UK stock trading apps will only provide you access to UK stock marketplaces, such as the London Stock Exchange.
If you wish to explore other stock markets around the world, such as those in the United States, South Africa, and Canada, you should look for a stock trading software that allows you to access international markets.
Furthermore, whether you are trading CFDs or directly investing in stocks and other financial assets, you must be certain of exactly what you are trading. The majority of the best trading applications provide you access to both.
Compatibility of Devices
Check to see if the trading app you’re considering is compatible with your device. It’s also a good idea to make sure the stock trading app is compatible with your device’s operating system.
Choosing an app that is incompatible with your smartphone can make trading a tedious process.
Using mobile apps to trade stocks might be difficult, especially if you want to perform technical analysis.
As a result, you must ensure that the trading software you select provides a consistent trading experience with a user-friendly and intuitive layout.
Because most apps do not allow access to the main platform until your account is funded, it is recommended to use a stock trading app that provides a demo account option, which gives you a taste of the genuine trading experience.
Trading Tools and Features Available
Apps for trading are not all created equal. While some programmes offer a wide range of features and advanced trading tools, others limit users to only the most basic functions and capabilities.
So, when looking for the best stock trading software, keep the following aspects in mind:
Leverage: The finest trading apps let you trade with high leverage while staying below the ESMA’s 1:30 CFD trading limit.
Copy Trading: This feature has helped eToro become a popular choice among stock traders. It enables you to observe thousands of experienced traders and carefully mimic the one that best meets your requirements. This function is particularly beneficial to new traders.
Market Orders: The top trading apps offer more than just give you the option to buy or sell. They go even farther by providing stop-loss, take-profit, and limit orders among their order types.
Fractional Shares: If you wish to invest in modest amounts, look for a trading software that allows you to hold fractional shares of your favourite stock.
Trading Calculator: With this handy tool, you can calculate how much money you’ll gain or lose, as well as the trading fees and commissions you’ll pay when trading.
Watchlist: Creating a watch list with the finest stock trading software will allow you to tailor the assets you’re interested in and track their performance.
All of these qualities, as well as many more, are important to look for in a trading software.
Support Services for Customers
The best trading apps provide a highly efficient customer support service that will render help to you whenever you need it.
The most effective technique is the live chat customer service that allows you to contact a member of the support team and tell your problem.
You need to check what trading commissions that you will have to pay when using a particular stock trading app.
Remember that choosing the app with the lowest trading fees and commissions does not always imply that it will be a good trading app if it does not match the other criteria.
So take your time and ask questions so that you may make well-informed selections.
How to use stock trading platforms?
Once you’ve selected on a trading software, you’ll need to follow a set of instructions to get started trading right away.
We will be using the eToro trading app as a case study.
Download the app
To get the iOS or Android version of the eToro trading app, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. The download is free, and depending on your internet speed, it will just take a few seconds to fully install on your phone.
Register for a trading account.
You’ll need to open a trading account once you’ve downloaded the eToro app to your mobile device. Complete the required fields, which include your complete name, email address, and phone number.
Once you’ve joined up, you’ll need to complete your account verification by uploading an account holder’s ID.
Put your money in the bank.
Once your account is entirely set up, you’ll need to fund it using your preferred payment method, such as a credit/debit card, wire transfer, or other options. After that, you can deposit any amount you wish and confirm payment.
Choose a market and a tradable asset to invest in.
After you’ve put some dollars into your trading account, you can choose any asset from the platform’s list of tradable assets.
Start trading by placing an order.
Place your order after you’ve selected a suitable asset to trade by filling in the required information. It’s as simple as that: confirm your purchase and begin trading.
What you need to know before trading
It is critical to remember the following before investing in the stock market:
- Because trading takes time, you must schedule time to examine your trades.
- Don’t put more money into it than you’re willing to lose. The majority of trades, particularly CFDs, are very speculative and can result in you losing all of your money.
- Read, read, and read some more. The market is always changing, and you must keep up with it.
- Practice trading, which is made easier if you use a trading programme that includes a demo account option.
- Learn how to understand market fluctuations so you can make informed trading decisions.
Is it safe to use stock trading apps?
Yes, stock trading applications are extremely safe to use provided they have been approved and regulated by the appropriate financial regulators, particularly the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
It’s also a good idea to look for a stock trading app that is protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) as an extra layer of protection.
When choosing a trading app with which to register a brokerage account in the United Kingdom, make sure it is fully licenced and regulated, according to anti-money laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations.
These regulators require stock trading applications to meet stringent security rules aimed at safeguarding clients’ personal information and trading funds.
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about stock trading apps in the United Kingdom.
What is the Best Way for Beginners to Trade Stocks in the United Kingdom?
For newcomers to the stock market, the greatest trading approach is to buy and hold stocks for the long term. This entails purchasing stocks from financially sound companies, adding them to your investing portfolio, and keeping them for an extended period of time. This strategy permits you to concentrate on other things rather than short-term market fluctuations.
How much money do I require to begin trading?
While certain UK stockbrokers may require a minimum investment of £100 or more, buying stocks and other securities directly is not enough. That amount is merely sufficient to trade CFDs, which allow you to speculate on asset prices and profit without really owning them. As a result, if you want to buy and trade these stocks directly, you’ll require a large sum of money.
What Kinds of Stocks Can I Buy and Sell Using a Stock Trading App?
The options available to you are determined by the stock trading software you select. Some programmes allow you access to tens of thousands of equities to trade, both within and outside the United Kingdom.
In the United Kingdom, who regulates stock trading?
The Financial Conduct Authority licences and regulates both stock and securities markets in the United Kingdom (FCA). This regulatory authority oversees the actions of these companies in order to protect the security of their clients’ finances and information.
Can I use Trading Apps to deposit funds and complete verifications?
Stock trading apps are available to make it more convenient for users to trade stocks. So, certainly, when utilising the finest trading software, you can safely submit your verification documents and deposit funds.
What should I do if the Trading App stops working unexpectedly?
Don’t be alarmed if your stock trading app suddenly stops working. To begin, quit the app and log out of your trading account, if feasible. Allow it to rest for a few moments before attempting to log in again. If you’re still having problems, get in touch with the broker right once.
Is it possible to get live customer service?
The finest stock trading applications provide a customer care service that you may contact at any time if you have any issues.
Given the numerous trading apps available, determining the best trade app is a difficult undertaking. However, knowing what you need to successfully navigate the big financial market is critical. Using the guidelines outlined in this article will ensure that you select the ideal trading software for you.